By: Craig Jarrow
Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Must Be Your Own Biggest Fan:
- You Have to Believe in Yourself – Step one, is believing in yourself. If you don’t believe in yourself, then no one else will. Don’t look to others to define your confidence, you get to make that for yourself.
- No One is Going to Give It To You – The world isn’t going to deliver your dreams on a platter. If you sit around waiting for that promotion, that new opportunity, or even to get into shape… it’s not going to happen. You have to go out and get it. You have to do the work.
- Pat Yourself on the Back – Too often, you probably criticize your failures. Blasting your mistakes, licking your wounds from bad decisions. But, you also have to stand proud for the things you accomplish. Recognize your victories and be proud of them. This motivates you to even higher levels of performance.
- Showcase Your Accomplishments – Silently working doesn’t produce silent success. Rather, it produces obscurity. You like to believe that if you work hard, you will be rewarded. However, the caveat to that statement is that others must be aware of your accomplishments. You must take the steps to recognize your work. This is not bragging, it’s showcasing.
- In the End, It’s About You – Ultimately, your life is about you. This is not a selfish thought. Or an arrogant one. Rather, it means that in this world, you are only competing against yourself. You set the standards and you determine the results.